Last week I put up my 2-3-2-2-1 wing backs tactic to help those struggling with the tactics side of Football Manager 2013, the tactic has been downloaded over 2000 times since then and everyone is enjoying success with it.
Over the last few days I’ve been working on a new tactic, a 4-2-3-1 and I finally feel like it’s ready to be shared. This tactic is still a work in progress and will be continuously tweaked in coming days/weeks.
Note: The players in the positions in the screenshot above are not necessarily suited to their respective role in the tactic, I’m just using my Porto save and team with the tactic to show you an overview.
RCM – The advanced playmaker in this tactic is vital to the success of your team so he needs to be good. The AP will be the starting point of all of your attacks whether he is taking the ball forward or spreading play out to your wings. Look for CM’s with high passing, creativity and dribbling for this role.
ST – Of course strikers are key to any tactic as they will be scoring all of your goals, but this tactic will lead to a lot of chances in and around the box so you need a clinical poacher up front who will convert every one of them. Key stats for the striker are pace/acceleration, finishing and off the ball. Forget a target man, you want a Michael Owen in his prime.
- Download the tactic from the button below.
- Unzip the file (using something like Winrar or Winzip) and place the AidTheBoss_4231.tac file into My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/Tactics.
- Open FM2013, navigate to your team tactics screen
- On the starting tactic panel (left side of screen) click options and then manage tactics
- Click the import button and double click AidTheBoss_4231
- Click the tactic drop down button above the options button and then select AidTheBoss_4231