Tactics are probably the most important key to success in Football Manager 2010, the amount of tweaks you can make to your system is unbelievable and each one can change the way your players play on the field. I have put together a list of some of the best guides and tips about tactics in FM2010 to help you take your’s to the next level, as well as some downloads if you prefer that.
Let me start by saying without a doubt, FM-Britain are the top authority for Football Manager tactics, and pride themselves on this. They have some interesting articles and guides that will be featured in this post, and continue to write some in-depth tactic articles each week to help expand our knowledge. Definitely suggest you check it out!
* * *
Tactic Guides and Tips
- How to play a Simple 4-4-2 – A good article at FM-Britain explaining to us how to play a 4-4-2 in FM2010, the most frequently played tactic in world football. 4-4-2 can be difficult to get right in Football Manager 2010 so this guide is of a big help.
- Tactical FAQ’s – The Away Stand isnt around anymore, hence why the design is a little messed up, but the tactic information on this is still valuable. It goes through the many problems us managers have, and how to solve them through our tactics. I’ve bookmarked it.
- Using Substitues Effectively – FMPundit’s latest article focuses on a different aspect of tactics, and puts forward that substitutes are very important and can change your games. This is a good read and he also adds in how it can help develop youth players. Worth the read!
- Building your Defence: The Defensive Line – Another great article from FM-Britain, this time they focus on how you can tweak your tactics to create the ultimate defence and make sure the opposition have a difficult task of scoring.
- How to score from Corners – This is one of my own guides, but was very popular. It is a step by step tutorial showing you how to set up your tactics to have a better chance of scoring from corners.
- Player Preferred Moves – This is a mind-blowing guide by a member over at FM-Base. It covers the PPM’s by position and the pro’s and con’s of each one. It’s one of the most in-depth guides I have seen, Definitely recommend you check it out!
Of course, there is the ultimate guide to squad management, Communication and Psychological Warfare which I reviewed on the blog. It’s over 80 pages long with bonuses audio’s and was created by none other than the home of Football Manager tactics – FM-Britain.
* * *
- Tug’s Training – I think everybody knows what this is, but for those who don’t, its custom schedules created for each position.
- Mr Hough’s 4-3-3 – Downloaded over 40,000 times, this is the fan’s favourite tactic for Football Manager 2010.
- Tactical Theorems and Frameworks – For the last few years, this has been the most downloaded by the community, an amazing in-depth e-book to tactics in FM2010.
- JP Woody 4-3-2-1 – Created by a member at FM-Base, this has been downloaded 23,000 times and has had some great respones by the community.
- Dan’s Youth Schedules – Another member at FM-Base has created a set of training schedules to take your youths to the next level, check them out!
Have you came across any amazing tactic guides or download’s? Let me know and I will add them to the list!
Do you have any quick tactic tips you would like to share? Let us know!