Created by Tacktikzz from FM Tactical Newspaper, this is easily one of the best tactics I’ve ever used and I’ve had hundreds of tweets on Twitter asking me to share the tactic I am using to great success with Arsenal.
For those who wan’t to know more about the theory behind the tactic and how to best implement it, please read the original creation at FM Tactical Newspaper which you can find here.
The tactic is a 4-1-2-3 with 3 strikers and is set up in a grid system in order to get the best out of the team. Here is a screenshot of the formation.
I just started a game with my beloved Arsenal on FM2012 and implemented this tactic. My signings were as follows:
Hulk – AMRL/ST – £32m
Nevan Subotic – DC – £13m
Radja Nainggolan – MC/DM – £15m
Robin Van Persie is playing the central striker out of the three and is the focal point of the attack. In the first 4 games of the season he has scored an amazing 14 goals. Yes, 14 goals! This tactic is dynamite and goals galore.
Here is a screenshot of my starting XI under the grid system tactic:
You can download this tactic and import it on the tactics screen on FM and away you go.
I’ve had a lot of people ask me how to install the tactic once downloaded so here is a quick mini tutorial explaining how to do so.
- Download the tactic from the link above. Once downloaded, place the FM12GridTactic.tac file into My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/Tactics. (If there is no tactics folder there, create one yourself)
- Open FM2012 and load your save
- Go to your teams tactic screen and on the left hand side of the screen there is long rectangular box called ‘Starting Tactic’, just underneath this there is a button titled ‘Options’, click that and then click ‘Manage Tactics’. Look at the pictures below if you can’t find it.
- Once the manage tactics box has popped up, navigate to the folder you put the FM12GridTactic.tac file in and then select it and click ok.
- Now the tactic is imported and you can select it by clicking FM12GridTactic on the tactic drop down menu just at the top of the ‘Starting Tactic’ box.