- 108 pages of quality tips and in-depth insight on Football Manager 2011 you will not find anywhere else, no padding, no filler.
- A step-by-step strategy for success from FM beta testers in all facets of the game including: tactics, training, scouting & squad management.
- Written in an easy-to-read format with no overcomplicated technical or mathematical wording at all; the guide is completely understandable to any avid football fan.
Jordan Cooper and Wonderkid recentley came together to launch perhaps the best Football Manager e-book to date. This packed book features pages upon pages of useful FM2011 tips, hints, tricks and inside information that you seriously will not find anywhere else.
After being sent a review copy, I have read through the book and loved it. One of the best things about the book though is that it has been organised in a way that you can easily find what your looking for, by looking at the contents for a specific section of just using the search tool. This means that if your ever wondering about something or need some tips, you can open it up at any time and find what your looking for.
This is half supposed to be a ‘review’, so I do have one criticism of the book, 108 pages is a hell of a lot of pages & words, and in my opinion the font is a bit small. But the creators of the book make up for this with the easy to grasp tables throughout, helping us understand each section easier, and outlining the very best tips.
Straight from the writers, here are 10 things you’ll find in The Ultimate FM Walkthrough Guide :
1. The Philosophy of Football Management: How to look beyond the game as a spectator and interpret the puzzle. Understand the real dynamics.
2. Approaching The Job: A step-by-step to-do list to easily set up and immerse yourself into a new club. Cover the basics and jump into success.
3. Footballer Genetics: Understanding current/potential ability, attributes, personality traits and preferred moves. What they mean and how to exploit them.
4. Tactical Superiority: Designing formations, philosophies, playing styles, roles, duties, positioning and set pieces. Learn to create tactical masterpieces.
5. Scouting Dynamics: How to build a squad, discover the right talent and assemble the perfect backroom staff team. Learn to look beyond the statistics and see the real player.
6. Training Regime: Getting impactful results from schedules, coaches, tutoring and cultivating a youth squad. Immediately grasp the brand new module for FM2011!!
7. Match Preparation: How to conduct effective pre-match analysis, interpretation and set killer opposition instructions. Discover the real secret to winning games before you kick-off.
8. Touchline Instructions: Understanding each manager shout to make game-changing tactical decisions on the fly. Master the sidelines and command the team.
9. Player Psychology: Inspire your team to glory with pre/post-match team talks and utilizing the assistant manager. Get inside their heads and get them to perform when you need them to.
10. Statistical Analysis: Measuring your club’s performance to tweak management style by reviewing match results. Learn how to find tactical bugs and stop them from occuring.
With 108 pages of strategic hints, tips and advice for our beloved Football Manager, The Ultimate FM Walkthrough Guide really does what it says, and will be useful to all fans of the game, just like me.
The book costs £6.95, but don’t be scared. Despite me being sent a copy for free, I have purchased my own because it’s that awesome, and I think the creators deserve the money for such a great book!